Share a Smile is accepting individual and team entries for their 16th annual Share a Smile Triathlon on July 29th, 2017. Runners, swimmers, and bikers are encouraged to participate and show their athletic prowess at this fun and exciting family event.
Each year, Share a Smile hosts a triathlon fundraiser in partnership with the Food and Care Coalition to help raise money for the dental needs of the homeless and critically low income in Utah County. Any funds raised at this event will help to sustain the volunteer dental cares clinic currently operating out of the Utah County. The 2016 Share a Smile Triathlon drew over 150 participants and over 350 non-participating family members and volunteers, and this year’s event is expected to draw an even larger crowd. This year’s triathlon will also support Share a Smile’s Smiles for Refugees event, which will take place in October 2017. During this event, volunteer dentists, hygienists, and assistants will be treating refugees who have recently been displaced.
The Share a Smile Triathlon will be at the Scera pool in Orem, starting at 7:00 AM on July 29th, 2017. Entries will be limited to 300 participants, so register early! Individual entry fees are $65, Half/Novice division fees are $45, and team entry fees are $100. Child participant registration fees are $30. Registration is online at www.shareasmile.net.
Race Divisions include the following:
• Full Race- 1/4 mile swim, 10 mile bike ride, 3.2 mile run
• Half/Novice Race- 1/8 mile swim, 5 mile bike, 1.7 mile run
• Children’s Race- 1 length of pool, 1/2 mile bike, 1/4 mile run
• Relay Team- 2-3 participants working together to complete the race
• Professional Office Division or Professional Office Relay Team- 2 or 3 members of the same office competing to finish the full race